Endocrinology Integrated Primary Care
Adult Endocrinology Services
WHAT IS ENDOCRINOLOGY?
Endocrinology is part of medicine that specializes in hormones' actions on the body and hormonal disorders. Hormones are produced inside the body by glands. Hormones act as messages from one part of body to another and regular almost every body function including:
- Metabolism and Weight
- Sexual Function and Reproduction
- Stress and Inflammation
- Movement of Nutrients
- Bone Health
- Growth and Development
WHAT DOES ENDOCRINOLOGIST TREAT?
At AllCare Endocrinology, our dual-board certified physicians see adult patients for diagnosis, evaluation and management of endocrine disorders such as:
- Diabetes Management & Insulin Pumps
- Thyroid Disorders
- Osteoporosis & Calcium and Bone Metabolism (Parathyroid and Vitamin D)
- Cholesterol And Other Lipid Disorders
- Adrenal, Pituitary, and Parathyroid gland disorders
- Transgender Medicine HRT
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Male Hypothyroidism (Low Testosterone)
DO I NEED AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST IN ADDITION TO FAMILY PHYSICIAN?
Family physicians and internists can treat diabetes too. But once things get complicated or medications do not work as they planned most primary care specialists will turn to endocrine specialists to further manager and troubleshoot the patient.
Also, endocrinologists have access to and skills to use advanced tools such as continuous glucose monitoring systems and insulin pumps.